Our aim is to create a Hub in Trafford which could be used as a one stop shop for the veterans and emergency service community. The vision is to have a place which is close to good transport links, so that people can easily drop in for advice, activities or just for some company, have a chat and a cup of tea and be with like-minded people.
We intend to open weekdays, including bank holidays, offer activities and be an accessible friendly place to call in.
We can hold outreach drop-ins and appointments from there and link with other organisations working in the community. The hub could be used for a wide range of activities including:
- A learning centre for short learning courses, networking and presentations
- A place to go for support and advice, and community outreach
- Open a community shop and charity shop which provide volunteering opportunities
- Hold activities for veterans and the local community such as craft groups and more
- A comfortable place for meetings and appointments