Working in partnership with Sale United FC and Trafford Housing Trust, we have made use of the small pavilion at Crossford Bridge to open a veterans hub. It’s easily accessible, close to good transport links with bus routes, Dane Road Metrolink stop is a 5 minute walk away, the canal paths and walkaways providing cycle and walking routes and there is ample parking space.
We can hold outreach drop-ins and appointments from there and link with other organisations working in the community. The hub could be used for a wide range of activities including:
- A learning centre for short learning courses, networking and presentations
- A place to go for support and advice, and community outreach
- Open a community shop and charity shop which provide volunteering opportunities
- Hold activities for veterans and the local community such as craft groups and more
- A comfortable place for meetings and appointments
It’s an opportunity for local veterans to provide local support and has a lot of potential to develop.